Ready to Learn to Play By Ear?
The Correct Way to Play By Ear
I want you to imagine something for a second. It sounds wierd, but imagine we lived in a universe where only 3 pitches existed. Middle C, D, and E. Thats it. Your piano is about 6 inches long. Now let me ask you something...
Could you play by ear if only these 3 pitches existed?
Of course! It'd be easy! There are only 3 possible notes, so it'd be pretty simple to learn any song by ear.
So what if you mastered those notes. Practiced them for 3 or 4 days. To the point it was so easy you were bored with them. Then I told you, "Ok these 3 are pretty easy. Lets add just 2 more notes."
Again, it'd be easy to learn! After all, it's just 2 new notes. Then you master those 5 notes. Then we add two more. And two more. And two more.
And next thing you know you're playing by ear. That's the right way to learn. That's how I learned to play by ear in my College Aural Skills course. And that's how you should learn too if you want to make improvement.
The Play By Ear Mastery course does just that. First gives you examples with just a couple notes. Then a couple more. Then a couple more. So you can learn without frusteration.
Playing By Ear Using "Hook Patterns"
Now, while you're learning to play by ear the fundamental way (see above), there are also little tricks that'll rapidly speed your progress.
Techniques like learning intervals, "Left Hand theory" (this makes it significantly easier to learn the harmony of a song), and my personal favorite... "Hook Patterns."
After covering over 100 songs, I figured out something interesting...
There are a couple of patterns that almost every song uses.
I call these patterns "Hook Patterns", because if you memorize these 5 patterns really well, the instant you hear one in a song you'll instantly know where it is on the keyboard. It'll "Hook" into your mind.
And since 95% of songs contain at least one of these hook patterns, you'll have your starting point for almost every song.
These tricks, if you learn them well, can more than double your speed of learning a song by ear.
Rock Solid In Front of an Audience
I know I couldn't. And if I could, it would take an extreme amount of mental energy. Now let me ask you one more question...
Think of that same song. If I told you to hum the song, could you do it?
Of course. It's easy. In fact, I bet you could hum songs back to me that you learned years ago!
Why? Because Auditory Memory is MUCH more powerful than visual memory (in fact, science shows it's the 2nd most powerful form of memory right behind your sense of smell).
So it holds up strong in front of an audience and will eliminate memory slips. You just need to learn to transfer the notes you can hear in your mind onto the piano.
And not only that... But you'll remember the song years later! Isn't it annoying when you learn a song completely... only to find a couple of months later you can only kind of play the song?
And it'll take a couple days of practicing to re-learn the song you already learned.
I was sick of doing that. But playing by ear solved that for me.
Become a Music Theory Genius
Playing by Ear is Like... Lemonade Stands?
Don’t Take My Word For It
Here's Exactly What You'll Get In The
Play By Ear Mastery Course
- In-Depth Video Lessons: These'll give you an over-the-shoulder look at exactly how I'm learning a song by ear
- Incremental Progress Plan: Each Lesson is designed to be incrementally harder than the last one. So you can tear off easily digestable bite sized chuncks and eliminate practice frusteration.
- PDF Cheat Sheets: So you can access much-needed info (like chords, fingerings, keys, ext) quickly to spend less time looking stuff up and more time moving forward making music!
- Inveractive Quizzes: Test your knowledge so you can be 100% sure you're ready to move on to the next step.
- Music Theory Mastery Course: This course comes bundled free! It'll take you all the way from note names to stuff like Improvising, Harmonizing, and Transposition. Similarily, it comes with video lessons, exercises, PDFs, and interactice quizzes and tests.
- Your Very Own Piano Coach: Still not understanding a lesson? No problem! Simply contact me through the Piano University contact form with your specific question and I'll walk ya through it!
Still Not Sure?
No Worries. Play By Ear Mastery Comes With A
60 Day Money-Back Guarantee!
I'm ready to prove you can play by ear. Get access now, and see it for yourself. Then, within the next 60 days if the Play By Ear Mastery does not live up to any of your expectations, I don't want your money, and I'll give back every penny back to you. No hassles and we can still be friends. 100% Money-Back Guaranteed.